It's already into the fourth month of 2013 and I am sure that many of you have made a few resolutions . . . and perhaps already broken some of them. This year is going fast so the A Celebration of Friends staff wishes you an enjoyable remainder of 2013. We ask each of you to remember our motto We're all in this together . . .and together we can make a difference!"
Please help me with my new year resolutions for 2013: as I want to:
1. Learn the first names and spend time getting to know all who attend the Celebration and Cruise.
2. Strive to have the best possible Celebration ever!!! (Been doing my best for twelve years but still need your help!)
a. Activities are now being planned for this years Celebration. Please let me know what activities you would like to see/participate in/watch this year!
3. Stop trying to find the perfect partner. Instead, try to become the perfect partner.
4. Continue to say "I love you" . . . and mean it!
5. Drink more water.
6. Find the best people for the Board of the ACOF and AHOF and utilize them to their fullest potential.
7. Be a kinder person.
8. Keep believing in my ideals and myself while continuing to try to make the world a better place!
It has taken over three years, but during the first week of December 2012, the A Habitat of Friends had its first board meeting (away from the ACOF). We have sent the necessary paperwork to the state to form a charitable 501(c) organization. A Board was voted in and by-laws were adopted. Our next meeting was set up for January and we were planning on having a commercial realtor talk to the Board so we could begin to form our concept of what exactly we were attempting to do in regards to forming a low-cost Gay Retirement Community. Then, newly elected vice president (John Szabocsik) passed from cancer on Christmas eve.
We need every one's help on this much need campaign.
Registration for the ACOF weekend and reservations for the hotel can be made conveniently on our website. http://www.celebrationoffriends.org. By pre-registering for the convention, you will avoid long lines when you arrive at the hotel. Tell your friends about the Celebration and PLEASE provide them our website address. Send it to the various sites where you are listed. Word of mouth is a great way to inform the gay community of our wonderful Celebration Meeting... it is the largest of its kind for senior gay men and their admirers in the WORLD!!.